More Vampire Fiction
Short Story Collections
- Blood Lines: Vampire Stories From New England edited by Lawrence Schimel and Martin H. Greenberg (1997)
- Includes stories by Esther Friesner, Sarah Smith, H.P. Lovecraft, Manly Wade Wellman, Lawrence Schimel, and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro.
- Blood Muse: Timeless Tales of Vampires In the Arts edited by Esther M. Friesner and Martin H. Greenberg (1995)
- Penned by such authors as Bill Pronzini, Jack Ketchum, Ed Gorman, and Larry Segriff, a collection of entirely original vampire stories set in the world of the arts features vampires as artists or as artists' obsessions.
- Blood Thirst: 100 Years of Vampire Fiction edited and with an introduction by Leonard Wolf (1997)
- The author of The Essential Dracula presents an anthology -- accompanied by an introduction -- of the thirty best short stories featuring vampires of all sorts, penned by such writers as Anne Rice, Stephen King, and Ray Bradbury.
- Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories By Women edited by Stephen Jones (2001)
- A collection of vampire tales by distinguished women authors features thirty-four works by Anne Rice, Edith Nesbit, Tanith Lee, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Tanya Huff, Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Nancy Kilpatrick, Poppy Z. Brite, and other outstanding authors.
- Andahazi, Federico The Merciful Women (2000)
- The author of The Anatomist delves deeply into the Gothic nineteenth century to explore the world of opium, erotica, and decadence that underpins Victorian polish and manners.
- Dedman, Stephen Shadows Bite (2001)
- Mage Magistrale, the recipient of a magical key, discovers that the object was taken from a powerful Japanese-American mobster, and when he kills the mobster in a fight, the daughter of the gangster will stop at nothing to destroy Mage.
- Elrod, P.N. A Chill in the Blood (1998)
- During his life Jack Fleming had been a reporter with a nose for the grittiest news, and now that he is dead, Jack is a vampire private eye with a thirst for blood and justice, but he may be the only one in a world of guns and gangs who can stop an all-out street war before it starts.
- Fox, Andrew Fat White Vampire Blues (2003)
- Vastly overweight thanks to a diet of blood from people who consume the fattiest diet in the world, vampire Jules Duchon is faced with a new vampire in his New Orleans neighborhood who wants to drive him out altogether and enlists the aid of Maureen, the obese stripper-vampire who created him, and Doodlebug, an undead cross-dresser, to eliminate his problems.
- Hamilton, Laurell K. Circus of the Damned (1995)
- When a dangerous vampire named Alejandro hits town and claims Anita Blake, an expert on creatures of the night, for his human servant, a war of the undead breaks out and puts Blake's life in jeopardy. '
- Harris, Charlaine Club Dead (2003)
- When her boyfriend Bill, a vampire who has been rather distracted of late, disappears, Sookie Stackhouse journeys to Jackson, Mississippi, to find her beloved, who has gotten himself caught in a dangerous web of murder and betrayal at Club Dead, an elite underground society.
- McMullen, Sean Glass Dragons (2004)
- Laron, a chivalrous seven-hundred-year-old vampire, the beautiful Velander, and the patient Terikel join forces to investigate a magical Manhattan Project that could fall into the wrong hands, in the sequel to Voyage of the Shadowmoon.
- Moore, Christopher Bloodsucking Fiends: a Love Story (1995)
- From the author of Coyote Blue comes a tale of vampires on the loose as aspiring young writer Tommy Flood meets beautiful Jody on her nocturnal visit to the supermarket and unwittingly begins an eternal relationship.
- Patterson, James Violets Are Blue (2001)
- Alex Cross joins forces with a female San Francisco detective to investigate a pattern of murders occurring across the country that draws him into the bizarre underground subculture of ritual role-playing and vampirism.
- Thurlo, David Second Sunrise (2002)
- FBI agent Daine Lopez teams up with New Mexico state police officer -- and Navajo vampire -- Lee Nez to hunt down a trio of ruthless vampires led by Nez's old adversary Hans Muller before they can steal a hidden cache of stolen plutonium, but first they must deal with some evil Navajo skinwalkers seeking to gain eternal life by drinking Nez's blood.
Return to top of page