- The Accidental Vampire: An Argeneau Novel , by Lynsay Sands (2008)
- Transformed into a vampire by accident, Elvi Black desperately needs someone to explain the ins and outs of neck-biting etiquette, until her neighbors place a personal ad for her in the local paper, bringing the wealthy and powerful Victor Argeneau to her door, just in time to stop the unknown enemy who is out to put an end to her existence, in the first volume in a back-to-back trilogy.
- After Midnight , by Teresa Medeiros (2005)
- Worried about her sister Vivienne's friendship with Adrian Kane, Lord Trevelyan, a mysterious nobleman rumored to be a vampire, Caroline Cabot is determined to uncover the truth, only to find herself falling under his spell.
- American Gothic: A Vampire Story , by Michael Romkey (2004)
- Devastated by the destruction of his home and the massacre of his wife and children, Civil War soldier Nathaniel Peregrine falls prey to a sexy and irresistible demon and embarks on a restless, rootless existence as a vampire, until, years later, he falls in love with the beautiful Helen Fairweather and encounters a man who could restore his soul.
- Blood and Gold, Or, The Story of Marius: The Vampire Chronicles , by Anne Rice (2001)
- The former mentor to the vampire Lestat tells his story, which begins in the ancient Roman Empire when he is made a "blood god" by the Druids and follows him through the darkest, bloodiest centuries of European history.
- Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story , by Christopher Moore (1995)
- In a surreal comic novel, Tommy Flood arrives in San Francisco dreaming of becoming the next literary wonder and ends up employed in the local supermarket, where he is pursued by a beautiful vampire.
- The Book of Common Dread , by Brent Monahan (1993)
- Modern vampire Vincent DeVilbiss travels to Princeton University to destroy an ancient cuneiform scroll being translated before the scroll's powers can be turned against the inhabitants of the underworld.
- Cabal , by Clive Barker (1988)
- Believing himself responsible for horrific crimes, Boone secludes himself in a remote Canadian necropolis, pursued by hunters and a woman who loves him, in a short novel accompanied by four short stories.
- Darklost , by Mick Farren (2000)
- In modern-day Los Angeles, Victor Renquist, a centuries-old vampire, seeks to establish a "colony" of the undead but first must prevent the meddling of a quasi-religious cult.
- Dracula , by Bram Stoker (1897)
- The quintessential horror tale of the powerful, centuries-old vampire follows his bloodthirsty trail from the mountains of Central Europe to England, until the savvy Dr. Van Helsing comes up with a way to end his reign of terror.
- Posted to Death: A Simon Kirby-Jones Mystery , by Dean James (2002)
- American vampire sleuth Simon Kirby-Jones arrives in the cozy village of Snupperton Mumsley to start a new life, but when Abigail Winterton, the town's nasty postmistress, is murdered after a rather spirited meeting of SMADS (the Snupperton Mumsley Amateur Dramatic Society), Simon must dig through a wealth of suspects to expose a killer.
- Primal Needs , by Susan Sizemore (2009)
- While searching for a secret scientific base where enemies are working on anti-supernatural pharmaceutical weapons, werewolf Joe Bleythin, an agent for the Dark Angels, is reunited with former flame Sidione Wolf, a vampire helping her father rescue his former lover, now a prisoner in the facility.
- Roman Dusk: A Novel of Saint-Germain , by Chelsea Quinn (2006)
- In an imperial Rome teetering on the brink of collapse, the vampire Ragoczy Germaninus Sanct' Franciscus finds himself persecuted by a corrupt Roman official, accused of disloyalty to the emperor, and targeted by the zealot brother of the virginal Ignatia, daughter of an ailing Roman noblewoman, who accuses him of corrupting his sister.
- The Rulers of Darkness , by Steven Spruill (1995)
- Set in the shadow world of vampires, a story of medical suspense and murder finds police detective Merrick Chapman hunting a bloodthirsty killer and trying to prevent the woman he loves from becoming the next victim.
- Seance For a Vampire , by Fred Saberhagen (1994)
- Vladimir Kulakov returns from his hanging with a sore neck and an axe to grind, and when Sherlock Holmes vanishes, Dr. Watson suspects a connection and summons Holmes's cousin, the vampire Prince Dracula, to help.
- Shadows Bite , by Stephen Dedman (2001)
- Mage Magistrale, the recipient of a magical key, discovers that the object was taken from a powerful Japanese-American mobster, and when he kills the mobster in a fight, the daughter of the gangster will stop at nothing to destroy Mage.
- Stainless , by Todd Grimson (1996)
- A bizarre love story follows the experiences of a rock musician whose career and girlfriend were destroyed by his enemies and who became the plaything of Justine, an age-old being with a woman's body and a cold heart.
- The World On Blood , by Jonathan Lewis Nasaw (1996)
- A member of a group of "blood addicts" living in Northern California, horror novelist Nick Santos first enjoys the incredible world of these modern-day vampires, until a growing madness and murderous rage make him resolve to end his addiction.
Return to top of page