- America By E.R. Frank
YAFICT FRANK E R America
- Teenage America, a not-black, not-white, not-anything boy who has spent many years in institutions for disturbed, antisocial behavior, tries to piece his life together.
- Because I am Furniture By Thalia Chaltas YAFICT CHALTAS THALIA BECAUSE
- The youngest of three siblings, fourteen-year-old Anke feels both relieved and neglected that her father abuses her brother and sister but ignores her, but when she catches him with one of her friends, she finally becomes angry enough to take action.
- Born Blue By Han Nolan YAFICT NOLAN; YPBK N
- Janie was four years old when she nearly drowned due to her mothers neglect. Through an unhappy foster home experience, and years of feeling that she is unwanted, she keeps alive her dream of someday being a famous singer.
- Claiming Georgia Tate By Gigi Amateau YAFICT AMATEAU GIGI Claiming ; YPBK A
- Twelve-year-old Georgia Tate feels loved and safe living with Nana and Granddaddy, until her sexually abusive father tries to win her custody.
- Don't You Dare Read This, Mrs. Dunphrey! By Margaret Peterson Haddix YAFICT HADDIX, MARGARET PETERSON Don't; YPBK H
- In the journal she is keeping for English class, sixteen-year-old Tish chronicles the changes in her life when her abusive father returns home after a two-year absence.
- Finding Fish: a Memoir By Antwone Fisher BIO FISHER ANTWONE QUENTON Autobiog Finding; YPBK F
- Born in prison to a single mother, "Fish" manages to resist the calling of drugs and crime on the streets of Cleveland, in a tumultuous real-life tale of self-discovery and personal triumph, which ultimately leads to Hollywood.
- Forged by Fire By Sharon T. Draper YAFICT DRAPER, SHARON M. Forged ; YPBK D
- Teenage Gerald, who has spent years protecting his fragile half-sister from their abusive father, faces the prospect of one final confrontation before the problem can be solved.
- Ghost Girl: The True Story of a Child in Peril and the Teacher Who Saved Her By Torey L. Hayden YPBK H
- Recounting her experiences with Jadie, a student in her class, a teacher describes how she persuaded Jadie to break her silence and reveal the family secrets that were plaguing her.
- The Lottery Rose By Irene Hunt YPBK H
- Georgie tells the school authorities he has been fighting when they question him about the welts and bruises covering his body.
- Petey By Ben Mikaelsen YPBK M
- In 1922 Petey, who has cerebral palsy, is misdiagnosed as an idiot and institutionalized; sixty years later, still in the institution, he befriends a boy and shares with him the joy of life.
- Pictures in the Dark By Patricia Mccord YAFICT MCCORD PATRICIA Pictures
- Life with their mentally ill mother becomes unbearable for twelve-year-old Sarah and fifteen-year-old Carlie as they are deprived of food and forbidden to use the bathroom.
- Sickened: The Memoir of a Munchausen by Proxy Childhood By Julie Gregory YPBK G
- The author describes growing up as the victim of Munchausen by proxy, a form of child abuse in which her mother invented or caused a series of illnesses and ailments, and her struggle to escape her mother's problems to rebuild her life.
- Tears of a Tiger By Sharon. T. Draper YPBK D
- The death of high school basketball star Rob Washington in an automobile accident affects the lives of his close friend Andy, who was driving the car, and many others in the school.
- The Three NBs of Julian Drew By James M. Deem YPBK D
- The journals of a troubled fifteen-year-old boy who lives with his father and emotionally and physically abusive stepmother and her children after the death of his own mother years ago.
- Touching Snow By M. Sindy Felin YAFICT FELIN M. SINDY Touching
- Finding it difficult to focus on her own life with physical assaults by her stepfather constantly taking place at home, Karina has hope when he is taken away by the police, but upon his return, Karina finds new courage and a chance to bring about change within the family.
- What Jamie Saw By Carolyn Coman YAFICT COMAN
- Having fled to a family friend's hillside trailer after his mother's boyfriend tried to throw his baby sister against a wall, nine-year-old Jamie finds himself living an existence full of uncertainty and fear.
- When Jeff Comes Home By Catherine Atkins YPBK A
- Sixteen-year-old Jeff, returning home after having been kidnapped and held prisoner for three years, must face his family, friends, and school and the widespread assumption that he engaged in sexual activity with his kidnapper.
- When Rabbit Howls By Truddi Chase YPBK C
- In their own words, the more than ninety personalities inhabiting the body of Truddi Chase chronicle their struggle for existence in a life of sexual abuse and self-discovery.
- When She Was Good By Norma Fox Mazer YPBK M
- In a survivor tale about how hope outlives brutality, young Em Thurkill struggles to maintain her dreams in a life of almost unbearable pain as the victim of sibling abuse.