- 24-Karat Kids , by Judy Goldstein & Sebastian Stuart (2006)
- Hired by an elite Manhattan medical practice, pediatrician Shelley Green finds herself attending some of the Upper East Side's wealthiest youngsters, a situation that leads her to bolster her fashion sense, cheat on her boyfriend, and become disgusted with the demands of the privileged set.
- Anybody Out There? , by Marian Keyes (2006)
- When Anna Walsh -- who has a job and husband in Manhattan -- wakes up in Dublin badly injured and with no memory of what has happened, she returns to New York to find clues to her memory loss.
- Bed Rest , by Sarah Bilston (2006)
- An ambitious lawyer living in New York City, Quinn is successfully juggling her career and impending motherhood, until she is confined to complete bed rest for the final three months of her pregnancy.
- The Cinderella Pact , by Sarah Strohmeyer (2006)
- Hiding her secret identity as the author of a glamour advice column, Nola enters a pact with her two closest friends that they will support one another through a shared makeover endeavor.
- Elements of Style , by Wendy Wasserstein (2006)
- A dazzling mosaic of madcap social whirls, fashion, style, and mores captures the lives of New York City's urban upper crust as they make their way through modern Manhattan.
- First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain , by Clare Naylor (2006)
- Lizzie Miller, promoted to a position as first assistant to new agency president Scott Wagner, rises up the Hollywood ladder and struggles to keep her feet on the ground.
- Gucci Gucci Coo , by Sue Margolis (2006)
- The proprietor of a chic London baby boutique, Ruby Gold finds her own life thrown into disarray when her mother announces that she is pregnant.
- The Guy Not Taken , by Jennifer Weiner (2006)
- A collection of stories that explore the progress of relationships over the course of a lifetime, from a teenager coping with her father's disappearance to a widow accepting two young women into her home.
- How Elizabeth Barrett Browning Saved My Life , by Mameve Medwed (2006)
- Abby Randoph discovers that an old chamber pot she bought at a road show is a valuable antique that once belonged to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and that she must now deal with a lawsuit for possession of the artifact, the courtship of a reporter suitor, and a man from the past.
- The Little Lady Agency , by Hester Brown (2006)
- Reviled by her snobby family but adored by her friends, unemployed etiquette expert Melissa Romney-Jones reinvents herself as Honey, and becomes a matchmaker for inept bachelors.
- The Manolo Matrix , by Julie Kenner (2006)
- Searching for Mr. Right as well as the perfect pair of designer shoes, actress Jennifer Martin finds herself playing bodyguard when a would-be assassin forces her to participate in a life-or-death scavenger hunt.
- Me Vs. Me , by Sarah Mlynowski (2006)
- Gabby Wolf, torn between her alternate realities when her wish to have it all comes true, plans the perfect wedding to her longtime boyfriend in Phoenix, while flying solo and working at her glamorous new job in New York City, and must decide which life is a dream and which is a reality.
- Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights , by Kyra Davis (2006)
- When her unfaithful brother-in-law is murdered and her sister is accused of the crime, mystery writer Sophie Katz decides to investigate and comes face-to-face with the real killer.
- Savannah Breeze , by Mary Kay Andrews (2006)
- Savannah Loudermilk struggles to cope with the loss of everything following her relationship with Reddy, an investment conman, until she launches a campaign to retrieve her fortune and bring Reddy to justice.
- Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA , by Ellen Meister (2006)
- Three women who form the publicity committee of the North Applewood Elementary PTA launch a campaign to bring George Clooney to their Long Island backyard.
- Some Like it Haute , by Julie K.L. Dam (2006)
- Humiliated by a social faux pas at a haute couture show in Paris, Alexandra Simons, an American fashion correspondent for a popular weekly magazine, attends a trendy avant-garde show and finds a potential love interest in a successful new designer.
- A Tale of Two Sisters , by Anna Maxted (2006)
- Heartache, new loves, professional differences, and other mistakes threaten to separate two very different sisters -- Cassandra, a clever, charismatic, and successful woman caught in a not-so-wonderful marriage, and Lizbet, a plump, plainer dreamer striving to make a name as a journalist.
Return to top of page