- El Acoso en la Escuela: Los Agresores, las Víctimas y los Espectadores by Sandra Harris (2006)
- Consejos para la prevención de la intimidación en la escuela.
- And Words Can Hurt Forever: How to Protect Adolescents from Bullying, Harassment, and Emotional Violence by James Garbarino and Ellen deLara (2002)
- Citing the pervasiveness of emotional violence in schools, a guide for parents and educators identifies how schools unwittingly support hostile environments and explains why listening to teens is a key to addressing all forms of violence.
- The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander: From Pre-school to High School: How Parents and Teachers Can Help Break the Cycle of Violence by Barbara Coloroso (2004)
- A guide for parents and educators offers advice on recognizing bullying behavior while making suggestions on how to appropriately discipline bullies, protect children, and formulate constructive school and community practices.
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention : Realistic Strategies for Schools by Susan M Swearer (2009)
- For educators, parents, and students, Swearer (school psychology, U. of Nebraska-Lincoln) et al. blend research and practice to provide prevention and intervention strategies for dealing with bullying in schools and describe a method for selecting strategies best for the school.
- Girl Wars: 12 Strategies that Will End Female Bullying by Cheryl Dellasega & Charisse Nixon (2003)
- A practical handbook designed to help eliminate bullying and other hurtful actions among adolescent girls. Explores the evolution of relational aggression among girls, why it happens, the dangers of such cruel behavior, and how to alleviate not only the negative behavior but also the culture that spawns it.
- How to Stop Bullying and Social Aggression : Elementary Grade Lessons and Activites that Teach Empathy, Friendship, and Respect by Steve Breakstone (2009)
- Providing strategies for promoting healthy social-emotional development and respectful communication, the authors offer interactive lessons that engage bullies, victims, and bystanders at their own level. (Annotation from Amazon.com)
- No Room for Bullies: From the Classroom to Cyberspace, editors, José Bolton & Stan Graeve (2005)
- Helpful strategies on what to do when a child acts like a bully, is a victim, or suffers from "bystander silence." Includes a 12-point checklist on preventing problems in hallways, classrooms, and common areas.
- Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls by Rachel Simmons (2002)
- Identifies the subtle means by which girls behave aggressively toward one another and examines specific behaviors while explaining the importance of enabling girls to express anger and resolve conflicts.
- Racist Incidents and Bullying in Schools : How to Prevent Them and How to Respond When They Happen : Principles, Guidance and Good Practice by Robin Richardson (2008)
- The text is articulate, intellectual, complex and sensitively expressed, whilst not avoiding the realities and facts of racism. Not only does it educate, it also provides a very practical resource and a vision of a future where dealing with this problem is a shared responsibility. (Annotation from Amazon.com)
- Stop Bullying Now!: Take a Stand, Lend a Hand [Video recording] (2006)
- As part of the Stop Bullying Now! campaign, this DVD compilation includes 12 animated webisodes featuring school-age characters dealing with bullying episodes, and five video workshops developed for professionals in the education, health and safety, mental health, and law-enforcement fields who encounter and deal with bullying behaviors.
Return to top of page