Conditions and Predictions | Weather Phenomena
Conditions and Predictions
- Weather for Springfield, MA
- Weather conditions for the Greater Springfield area from the Weather Channel.
- National Weather Service: Springfield forecasts
- Quick forecast information for the Greater Springfield area.
- Connecticut Weather Center
- Forecasts, weather warnings, cancellations and more for the various regions of Connecticut.
- National Weather Service
- The homepage of the NWS includes weather forecasts and warnings, links to regional weather centers, historical weather data archives and other information for weather watchers.
- The Weather Channel
- National in scope, with good graphics and frequent updates. A useful tool for those who have to travel.
- The Weather Underground
- Check here for current conditions and extended forecasts for cities around the country and around the world. Includes historical weather data back to 1994, searchable by zip code.
- Hurricane history from USA Today
- Lots of information on famous hurricanes of the past, including indexes to the 1994-1998 hurricane seasons, as well as information about the current hurricane season.
- WW2010: Weather World 2010 project
- A service of the University of Illinois, this ambitious site provides online resources to enrich curriculum materials for education in weather and weather phenomena. Included are online guides to metereology, weather maps, remote sensing, and teacher aids, archives of materials relating to memorable weather events.
- Hurricanes: online metereology guide
- A comprehensive guide to hurricanes: their development stages, naming, destruction, movement, and more. A good place to start to learn more about how hurricanes are created and the destruction they can wreak.
- National Hurricane Center
- NOAA's site for information on the hurricane season, including tracking charts, constantly updated reports, and links to information about historical hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Northeast Regional Climate Center
- Weather conditions, current data, forecasts and historical information from Cornell University.
- Tornado Project Online
- Facts about tornadoes, past and present, tornado safety, the Fujita scale, tornado myths and more.
- Weather 101
- All weather, all the time. A resource for teachers and students with links to tutorials, calculators, glossaries and weather terminology, lesson plans and miscellaneous weather resources. Compiled by a professional meterologist.
- Weather: What Forces Affect Our Weather?
- A fine overview of weather, weather phenomena, forecasting and climatology, with related links and hands-on activities for students. From the Annenberg/CPB Project Exhibits Collection.
- Weather Phenomena
- Check in here for information on hurricanes, tornadoes, and other weather data. Hosted by Philadelphia's Franklin Science Museum, this site is geared to K-8 students and their teachers, and provides helpful guides to learn how to be 'weatherwise.'