Sports & Recreation
Sports News | Professional Sports | Olympics | College Sports
Other sports and general sports information | Recreation
- CNN and Sports Illustrated
- CNN and SI join to provide coverage of the sports world with stories and scores.
- Scores, analysis, features and photos on most major sports, from ESPN.
- USA Today Sports
- Coverage of almost all sports, with scores updated continuously, and links to other sites.
- Yahoo Sports News
- If the above sites don't fill your needs, you're sure to find something here.
New England Professional Teams
- Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
New England Revolution
New England Patriots
Major League Baseball
- No longer the National Pastime, but a significant source of amusement, debate, fantasy, and speculation from February through October. News, stats, standings, schedules and more.
- Minor League Baseball
- The official site of the minor leagues includes standings and results, news, schedules, links to the leagues and the teams, and much more.
- The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
- Springfield's leading tourist destination on the Web.
- National Basketball Association
- All the information you need on the current season, with links to your favorite teams.
- Official site of the Women's National Basketball Association.
- National Football League
- THE football site, with plentiful information and easy links to your favorite team's home page.
- Look to the ladies for some of the best golf around. Home of the Ladies Professional Golf Association.
- If you can't get enough golf on TV, try this site.
- The Official AHL Web Site
- It may not be the NHL, but it's exciting professional hockey; and check out our local team, the Springfield Falcons .
- National Hockey League Official Web Site
- No virtual penalty box yet.
- MSLNET: The Official Site of Major League Soccer
- Find news, game summaries, statistics, teams, and schedules.
- World Cup Soccer
- News and features about world soccer, the World Cup, and links to other resources. From the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
- Tour de France
- Information on the world-famous biking race in France. Includes a database of all race participants and winners back to 1903. In English.
- USA Cycling
- USA Cycling is the official cycling organization recognized by the USOC and is responsible for identifying, training and selecting cyclists to represent the United States in international competitions. Includes bios, event calendars, national champions, and information on local clubs and events.
- US Open
- Includes schedules, scoreboards and stats, audio and video, history, and more.
- Official site of the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club and the Wimbledon Championships.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame
- The International Tennis Hall of Fame is a non-profit institution dedicated to preserving the history of tennis, inspiring and encouraging junior tennis development, enshrining tennis heroes and heroines and providing a landmark for tennis enthusiasts worldwide. Located in Newport, RI.
- United States Tennis Association
- Official site, includes information on the U.S. Open, the Association, section chapters, and programs for the advancement of tennis for recreation and physical fitness.
- International Olympic Committee
- Official site of the governing board for the Olympics, with links to the Olympic Museum, upcoming games, national olympic committees, and other information.
- Fast Facts for the Olympic Games
- Quick links to bios, dictionary, Olympic Firsts, medal winner database, multimedia gallery, and much more. From Gary Price's ResourceShelf.
- The Ancient Olympics
- Compare ancient and modern Olympic sports, tour the site of Olympia as it looks today, learn about the context of the Games and the Olympic spirit, or read about the Olympic athletes who were famous in ancient times. From the Perseus Project. For more, visit UPenn's Ancient Olympics site.
- The United States Olympic Committee
- Information about America's team.
- Olympic Information Center
- This site contains a variety of Olympic resources including digitized historical documents, primers and curriculum guides for school teachers, oral histories, and Java-based Web games for kids of all ages. From the Amateur Athletic Association.
- Olympic Medal Winners
- Searchable database from the International Olympic Committee.
- NCAA Sports
- The official site for the national collegiate sports organization. Check here for late-breaking news, statistics, rules & regulations, information for the college-bound athlete and more. Includes links for college and university sports web sites.
- NCAA Statistics
- All the numbers in one place.
- UMass Athletics Home Page
- News, schedules, statistics and everything else you might want to know about the sports programs at UMass/Amherst.
Other sports and general sports information
- Sports Glossaries
- Online reference guides for soccer, hockey, basketball and football.
- The ultimate online baseball encyclopedia, with statistics from 1871 to the present for major league players, teams, and leagues. Linked to a larger set of sports web links.
- Baseball Almanac
- The 'official' baseball history site; filled with facts, stories, famous firsts, quotes, autographs, stats, records, and other information about America's favorite sport.
- Historic Baseball
- Baseball history and player profiles, obituaries, and features on the Negro Leagues, the Federal League, the World Series, and more.
- Little League Online
- Official website of the baseball leagues for young players.
- Sports directory of bowling sites.
- Women's Sports Foundation
- Website of the national, non-profit organization to promote sport and fitness for women and girls. Check here for news and information about professional, collegiate, and amateur sport; grants, scholarships and other funding; and advocacy for equal opportunity in school and collegiate sport.
- A to Z Encyclopedia of Ice Hockey
- Stats, awards, leagues, Hall of Fame -- it's all here, including national teams, Championship, Cup and League winners, and much more.
- Top North American Athletes of the Century
- Biographies of great athletes of the 20th century, as selected and profiled by ESPN as part of the SportsCentury retrospective.
- Street Play
- Rules and history of street games through the years.
- A guide to ski resorts around the world, with reviews of ski equipment, shopping news, weather reports and more for the serious skier. Includes information about other winter sports. The GoSki Massachusetts section includes information and snow conditions for resorts throughout the state.
- NEICC Figure Skating Clubs
- Home page of the New England InterClub Council, an association of regional figure skating clubs affiliated with the United States Figure Skating Association. Check here for information on upcoming competitions and other news.
- Runners World Online
- News and reference sources, beginner's tips, and health and fitness features are available at this online version of the popular running magazine.
- Bikelinks: The A to Z of Motorcycling
- Everything you ever wanted to know about motorcycles but were afraid to ask. Browse the directory or use the search function. Includes makes, models, museums, classics, dealers, and much, much more -- even a 'garage sales' page.
- Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data
- Economics data for baseball, basketball, football, and hockey: ticket prices, attendance, player salaries, etc.
- Yahoo Sports
- A long list of sports-related sites, amateur and professional, from archery to wrestling, and everything in between (including sepak takraw, korfball and tug-of-war!).
- Yahoo's Auto Racing
- News on all varieties of auto racing, including NASCAR, CART, Formula 1 and others.
- Sports Arena: Extreme Sports
- Directory of links to sites for base jumping, bungee jumping, skateboarding, and more.
- Google: Extreme Sports
- Directory of sites related to extreme sports, from ATVs and BMX to paragliding, ski joring, and whitewater rafting and much else besides.
- Camping in Massachusetts
- Provides an online campground directory, hunting, boating and fishing information, regional attractions, weblinks, and a downloadable 2004 Camping Guide.
- Massachusetts Forests and Parks
- Contains information on state parks and campgrounds all over Massachusetts. Lists events, pet policy, and provides site searching and an online reservation service.
- Zoo at Forest Park
- Information about the zoo, hours, exhibits, programs, field trips, admission fees, etc.
- American Trails
- Trails and greenways throughout the United States, with calendar of national events and America's trails state-by-state.
- Trail Database
- Search or browse for hiking in countries worldwide. Also includes sections on equipment, knots, useful agencies, huts, maps, weather, etc.
- Camping and Outdoor Recreation
- Check out other recreation recommendations on our Travel and Geography page.